Friday, May 30, 2014

Reflections



"Reflections"
A decorated bedroom, frilly curtains on the wall
The woman who chose me wants to give me it all
But that doesn’t stop the questions of how I came to be
Does she have brown or blue eyes? Does he have a nose like me?

How could she?  Why did she?  What are her thoughts now?
Did she just want to give me my best shot somehow?
God used her as the vessel to bring my life to you
So neither blame nor sanctify her, for she’s got her story, too

Pregnant alone in New York City, desolate as a winter sky
Taking on this grown-up world even though I’m still a child
Not sure I could get myself on the right path
And with two mouths to feed, not sure we could last

How could I? Why did I? What are my thoughts now?
I just wanted to give you your best shot somehow
So I let you go and kept up hope your life would be worthwhile
And the woman who chose you helped your inner light shine

Everybody involved is just trying their best
The heart of the child outshines the rest
I thank the ones who made you and allowed you to be mine
They have given me such endless joy and a love that outlasts time

No comments:

Post a Comment