Monday, May 5, 2014

1/3 of the way through

Being gone from work for over a week means I had no time to sneak a chapter or two in today!  Boo!!  I did manage to read a couple of chapters here at home, however.   Not much happening - just Saleem's musings of all the crazy stuff that happened in his first years of life.

Since I haven't done this for the last couple of books, here are a few of my favorite quotes so far:

"To understand just one life, you have to swallow the world."

"Nobody can face the world with his eyes open all the time."

And as Saleem's mother says, "What can't be cured must be endured."

Have you ever noticed that, in all of these books (and many, many others), men tend to just curl up in a ball when trouble hits, and the women are the ones who can always manage to suck it up and do what has to be done.  All I can say to that is, "Story of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment