Wednesday, May 14, 2014

And Just Like That...

Done with another one!!  Yay for me!!  I believe that leaves eight books left on the list, and around the same number of weeks before my year is up, so it is iffy at this point, but I will soldier on and do my very best to make the deadline.

Next up - On the Road by Jack Kerouac.  Yet another classic I have not read, but that will be remedied shortly. Originally published in 1957, the New York Times characterized the book as, "the most beautifully executed, the clearest and the most important utterance yet made by the generation Kerouac himself named years ago as 'beat,' and whose principal avatar he is."  High praise, so I hope I am not disappointed.  And now I continue on my own journey - the literary one I have chosen to undertake.  May my journey be as successful as Kerouac's was.


No comments:

Post a Comment