Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hico rocks!

Spent half of  yesterday driving up 281 to Hico, TX for the #41 burger on the list - a jalapeno cream cheese burger that apparently led the Texas Monthly people to start compiling this list just to be able to get another taste of one.  Which just makes me wonder why it's only at 41 on the list.  I found it to be pretty darn good; however, they did ask me how I wanted the burger and then did not proceed to cook it to my specifications.  That was definitely my only complaint as I tried to finish the 1/2 pound monster, which is probably still sitting on my thighs.

Definitely worth checkout out there as well are the Cactus Jack burger (messy but worth it), fried pickles for an appetizer, the superb onion rings, and the worth-the-entire-trip pies.  We tried peanut butter cream, coconut cream, and pecan fudge - none of which disappointed any of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment