Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Another one down!

Well, I'm done (again).  This book is such a downer, but it does have many good points as well.  I think I am going to use it for one of the three essays I have to write for my comp exams (for my Master's in English).  I plan on writing about silences in the novel, both figurative and literal ones.  Should be interesting (to me, at least!).

My favorite quote from this part of the novel makes me think of Garry and how much I miss him:

"How can the dead be truly dead when they still live in the souls of those who are left behind?"

That is how I think of Garry - he is still here, in the hearts of his family and friends.  If I did not think that way, I would probably go insane.

I cannot believe how quickly I went through that book - just itching to get down with this list, I guess.  And now on to the next victim - 1979's  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.  This was the first of the five books in Adams' Hitchhiker trilogy, and it is one of my favorite sci-fi novels of all time.  Looking forward to reading it again!

H2G2 UK front cover.jpg




And make sure to remember: 





No comments:

Post a Comment