Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Okay, Okay

So I know it's wrong, but it's been a really slow day at work, so I read my book - a lot of it.  I am now on page 345, and when I stopped reading last night, I was on 162!  I mean it's been REAL slow around here!

Anyway, a few of my favorite quotes from today:

"He's so fat, he hasn't seen his privates for twenty years."  'Nuff said there.

"Life was only a matter of intake and alimentation and reproduction."  True enough.

"Look what has happened to our freedom.  The men who fought the American Revolution were no more like these D.A.R. dames than I'm a pot-bellied, perfumed Pekingese dog.  They meant what they said about freedom.  They fought a real revolution.  They fought so that this could be a country where every man would be free and equal."  I don't disagree with the concept stated here, but everyone who ever says something like this in these book only means white males - never minorities or women.  Maybe one day that will change.

Only 80 pages left, but I have class tonight, so it will probably be tomorrow before I get to finish up - then there will be only FIVE BOOKS LEFT on the list!  That is just too amazing to me - just a few weeks ago, I was discouraged, but now I believe I'm actually going to make my goal.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment