Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Some Slow Progress

I am past page 200, so I'm 20% of the way through the book.  Scarlett and her selfish, spoiled attitude are just about to drive me to drinking, but what is even worse is the way women were expected to act back then, 150 years ago in the South.  It's insane, and I would have been way out of my element.  I am not a spoiled brat, but I care just as little as Scarlett does about the opinion of others - I'll do what I want when I want, and others are going to have to live with that.  Unlike Scarlett, however, I do have a social conscience of sorts, so not giving a flip about the war is just a little much for me, but I am looking forward to Scarlett and Rhett getting a little more serious.  I have never seen the film, but I have heard so much about it, and women are always drawn to the bad boys, so I have to assume that's what happens.  Hopefully, I'll find myself deep in that section of the book tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment