Wednesday, April 16, 2014

And Now...

I am on page 1070 - so that's a mere 98 pages left to read.  I finally got through Chapter 7 of Section 3, which was nothing but 62 pages of Rand's soap-box speech.  Let me repeat - SIXTY-TWO PAGES of rambling that was mind-numbing to read.  There was even one point of Galt's speech where he mentioned he had been speaking for two hours - like anyone would have still been awake to hear him by then!  ^_^








I really wanted to like this novel, but at the risk of being as repetitive as Rand, repeating things four and five times on every other page is too much for me - as is the 1168 page magnum opus that holds me in its power right now.   With under 100 pages to go, however, I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, and a sweeter light has never been seen by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment