Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Part Five - I Did Survive (just like Scarlett)

Done!  That didn't take me nearly as long as I thought it would, but I am on vacation, so there's that.  The book definitely warns against the old adage of not knowing what you have 'til it's gone.  How many have failed to learn that lesson?

All in all, I did not hate the book.  It is not my genre preference, and I'm sure I won't read it again, but it was very well wrriten, and the historical parts were verry well-researched and interesting.  I am glad I read this, but it's on to the next book now!

Here comes Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children, written in 1980.  This is definitely a new type of subject for me - Wikipedia says it's about India's transition from British colonialism to independence. Unfortunately, I am not at home and don't have the book with me, so I'll have to start with just the couple of chapters that are available on Amazon.  Whatever works, rightt?  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment