Monday, April 21, 2014

Part One - Done

140 pages in,and I'm done with Part One of Five.  Mostly back story, we are introduced to the highly spoiled brat named Scarlett O'Hara, and Rhett is thrown in there for a couple of pages as well.  It's funny, but I wasn't even looking for him when he entered the story - all the talk of those other boys Scarlett was flirting with made me forget the main male character of the book! 

This book is pretty much an historical romance, which is not really my cup of tea, but I will soldier on.  I am assuming Part Two is going to be focused on Sherman's March to the Sea through Atlanta and how Tara is affected by it, so hopefully that section will be less focused on romance.  I will make sure I have my book with me for my lab appointments tomorrow.  At least sitting in a doctor's office gives me some spare time to get through some of these 1000 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment