Friday, April 18, 2014

Done and done!

God help me if I ever get the notion in my head to read Ayn Rand again!  Oh, my goodness, that was tedious!  I mean, I get it - man's mind and ability to think is his greatest asset and achievement, but see how I put that in a few words and not 1168 pages.  I really do mean that I will try to rewrite that book in 300 pages or less; call it a fan fiction tribute.  I like the  ideas contained in the book, just not the length of pages it took her to spit them out. But what really surprises me is that is ONLY took me six weeks to read this!

Anyway - onward and upward.  Next up is the 1932 novel Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (a mere 199 pages!!!).  Somehow, I have managed never to read this, so I am wholeheartedly looking forward to it.  As I have mentioned before, utopian/dystopian novels are a favorite of mine, so that will make this an easy read.  And after the last two books, which together totaled 2000+ pages, this one will also be a quick read.  Here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment