Monday, April 14, 2014

Getting Frustrated

A couple more chapters down - only 200 pages left to go.  I am still struck by how full of herself Ayn Rand was - to call this her magnum opus when it's just the ramblings a blowhard who clearly thought too much of herself. I am glad to have read this book, for I now know what type of book I DON'T want to write.  I don't want to write words just for the sake of seeing how long I can go on spouting drivel (I know some can do that for about 1168 pages).  I think I will make it my life's work to turn this behemoth into a much more reasonable page length - without destroying any of the plot.  Not sure if that qualifies as plagiarism or not, but I want to prove it can be done, and that just because a book is bigger does not necessarily make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment