Monday, February 24, 2014

Some good quotes

I picked out a couple of quotes I like in particular:

"Don't ask me a lot of fool questions if you don't like the answers."  This is something I tell people all the time - if you come to me for an answer, don't doubt me just because it's not what you expected or wanted to hear.  You must have thought I knew the answer or else, why ask me in the first place?

"Direct action.  It beats legislation."  Don't just talk about it - do it.  Simple yet profound message.

Halfway through, and thoroughly enjoying this book, even if it's not about much more than a drunken vacation.  It is also an antiwar book as our protagonist is now impotent due to a war injury.  I believe Hemingway was injured in a similar fashion during WWI, and this book came out only eight years after the end of the Great War.  Seems like it would have been fresh in his mind still.

No comments:

Post a Comment