Saturday, February 22, 2014

Another Book Down

That sure was a quick read - all done with to Kill a Mockingbird, and it only took a few days.  I might be getting back on track to finish this list in a year like I originally planned.  That's eleven books down since I started this on July 26.  I should be about to start #15 at this point instead of #12, but the last few book shave gone much faster than a couple of other ones (like Catch-22 and Invisible Man, both of which took FOREVER), and it looks like the next one will be fairly quick as well.

Next on the list is The Sun Also Rises by my favorite author, Ernest Hemingway.  I have every book he ever wrote, so I didn't even have to hit the library up for this one.  My copy is not a first edition, but it is from 1926 at least.  It also has an inscription on the first page (blank) of the book.  It reads, "This is about the younger generation and you belong to it," and it is simply signed "E."  Could be for Ernest, but my luck probably doesn't run that good!


The book was originally published in 1926 and was critically acclaimed, both then and now.  Even though I'm a self-proclaimed Hemingway freak, I have not read this book before.  Totally looking forward to it, so I think I'll get started now.

No comments:

Post a Comment