Sunday, December 29, 2013

Zooming Along

Really in the mood to read, I guess, since I'm a third of the way through Catcher in  the Rye already.  Interesting to me for a 1951 book is the amount of cussing in this one - didn't catch that before when reading it, but as I said, that was about 35 years or so ago.

Something interesting that struck me is how many times the phrase "sort of" comes up - not sure what it really stands for or means, but it's in there as many times as Vonnegut says "So it goes" in Slaughterhouse Five.

Two quotes that really stuck out to me:

"When I leave a place, I like to know I'm leaving."  Giving a place you're leaving that last middle finger can be so cathartic.

"Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."  The hell with that - I'm playing by MY rules from now on.  So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment