Saturday, December 7, 2013

A literary exercise

Today, my friend Melissa posted this "challenge" on Facebook and tagged me in it:

 

List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don't take more than a few minutes & don't think too hard - they don't have to be 'right' or 'great' works, just ones that have touched you.
 
In no particular order, here is my list:

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – Betty Smith

Cat’s Cradle – Kurt Vonnegut

From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler – E.L. Konigsburg

Blackboard Jungle – Evan Hunter

Odd Thomas – Dean Koontz

The Mystery of Edwin Drood – Charles Dickens

The Bird’s Christmas Carol – Kate Douglas Wiggin

My Year of Meats – Ruth Ozeki

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
Finnegan's Week - Joseph Wambaugh

There are so many more books I could come up with, but these came to mind fairly quickly.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment