Sunday, December 29, 2013

Final Thoughts

All finished now.  I really do love Vonnegut for so many reasons, not the least of which is his wonderful sense of humor.  But there is also the wonderful imagery imbued by a simple phrase.  One I know I will use for the title to a short story is "Dollops of Molten Glass."  Well, either a short story or a painting.

I love that the bumper sticker on the back of Valencia Pilgrim's car says, "Reagan for President."  At first I thought it prophetic, but I just found out he did first try to win the Presidential nomination in 1968, so not so much after all.

A favorite detail is the mention of Billy's collection of cuff links.  Just picturing some tiny little roulette wheels can give you quite a laugh!  So it goes, I suppose.

Anyway, on to the next book on my list.  First published in 1951, this book has been the inspiration for many a serial killer on film and television - can't wait to get inspired myself! (Just kidding!!).  Time to go - Holden awaits!




No comments:

Post a Comment