Friday, July 4, 2014

Good Progress

Made it through two episodes today for a total of 66 pages - that's not chickenfeed!  Regarding yesterday's reading as well, here is a brief recap:

Chapter 12 – gossip about Bloom
Chapter 13 – the women
Chapter 14 – the allegorical tale

Weird way to put together a novel, but since I have never written one, who am I to judge?

I keep noticing alliteration again - so much floating around.  Here are a few examples:







Even his Latin is alliterative:




And who remembers George Strait’s character in Pure Country?
None other than:







Probably not where they got it from, but it still made me think of the movie and my favorite line, “What’s the matter – you like him, dontcha?”

On page 350 now , but now it's time for the demon chapter - Episode 15 with 150 pages.  At least I know that when I make it through that chapter, I'll only have 3 more episodes and 165 pages to go!  But that is for another day - today I have a minor league ball game to go to followed by a Kevin Fowler concert!!  Sounds much more important (and interesting) than a Joyce novel, right??!!


No comments:

Post a Comment