Sunday, June 17, 2012

Busy Burger Weekend

Got in three burgers this weekend!

Started out on Friday at Roaring Fork for the Half Ass burger, which hits Texas Monthly's list at #30.  Utterly amazing - so glad I didn't try the Big Ass.  I think my favorite part of this burger was the whole thick slice of grilled onion that came on the bottom.

Saturday, my husband and I were in Galveston for my birthday, our anniversary, and Father's Day (all over with in one weekend this way!).  Tried the Tiki Burger at Cafe Michael Burger, which is #23 on the list.Fairly plain burger, but good flavor from the grilled onions & 'shrooms.  also worthy of trying were the stuffed jalapenos, which were stuffed with cream cheese and shrimp - we loved them!

On our way back home today, we decided to try Max's Wine Dive in Houston, whose Kobe Beef Burger makes the list at #16.  Much like Alamo Springs Cafe, all I can say is wow!  Totally fantastic burger here!  Came with some amazing brie on it, along with home-grown tomatoes and some great jalapenos.  Definitely worth checking out, but make sure you get reservations.  We got lucky that we even got seats in the place, which was packed!  The parking attendant told my husband that the fried chicken there is amazing, so might have to go back.  Mimosas are apparently their speciality, so enjoy one with your burger!

It's been a slow process, but 6 down already!  Who's next?  Guess I'll try to make it to Kerrville again.

No comments:

Post a Comment