Thursday, June 7, 2012

Burgers One and Two

I'm a little slow, but better late than never. In 2009, Texas Monthly published their list of the 50 best burgers in Texas, and I've decided to try them all!

On May 26, my daughter and I drove to Bastrop to eat at The Roadhouse, whose Jalapeno Cream Cheese Burger is on the list at #38. I must say, it was mighty tasty and a great start to my culinary endeavor. I do wish the jalapenos had just a little more bite to them, but all in all, I was quite satisfied. My other disappointment was that there were no onion rings to try, which is something I've done for a long time, in almost every restaurant I've been to. I do consider myself an onion ring aficionado. Bought a t-shirt there to commemorate the occasion, which is a tradition I hope to continue.

June 2 took Rebecca and me to Fredericksburg for the burger at #3 on the list - Alamo Springs Cafe's Cheeseburger with green chilies on a jalapeno cheese bun. All I can say is wow! When I can't even get my mouth around the burger because it's so tall and stacked, that’s really saying something.  As the juices dripped down my arm, I was in heaven.  I did get onion rings here, and they were fantastic as well.  Got a great meal and I have my t-shirt to remember it by.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment