Friday, July 26, 2013

Reading Project

A librarian recently took a number of Top 100 Literature Lists and cross-referenced them to find out which books made multiple list.  This is the URL if you want to look at it:  http://lisnews.org/top_books_derived_from_11_top_100_lists. 

I looks at the lists she used, and I think to myself, "I should read all those books - that would be a good project for me (a la Julie Powell from "Julie and Julia" fame).  Then I get realistic.  100 books in a year is approximately one book every 3.5 days, which takes reality out of the picture.  I know, honestly, that that's just not going to happen.  What this librarian also did, however, is made a short list of the books that were on at least six of the eleven lists she looked at.  That list is only 26 books - one every two weeks, which seems much more reasonable and quite doable. 

Over the weekend, I will decide on a starting date, and then I will post my schedule.  I'm not sure how my posts will work, but I am really looking forward to reading and re-reading the ten I have already read at least once.  They are all true masterpieces (except the Faulkner entry, but that's just a personal opinion, and I will reread it for this project).  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment